Often overlooked, the lymphatic system plays a massive role in the proper function of your entire body. The system includes various organs and blood vessels that maintain a balance of fluids in your body and protect you from infection. Part of what it regulates is lymph, a colorless liquid that exists in your circulatory system.
It also maintains normal levels of other fluids while absorbing fat and fat-soluble vitamins, delivering them into your bloodstream. Sometimes, lymph and other fluids become unbalanced and can cause swelling, infection, and inflammation, among other issues. This is where proper lymphatic drainage comes in. Sometimes, you need a little help.
Read on to learn more about improving lymphatic drainage and how we can help.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
While there are some steps you can take to maintain lymph drainage yourself, sometimes the best thing for you is a lymphatic drainage massage. This is a relaxing treatment that stimulates drainage, getting things moving again and preventing a multitude of issues. Our professionals know which spots to focus on, how to properly apply pressure, and how much pressure is needed.
If you’re struggling with things like bloating, inflammation, or even skin concerns like cellulite, a lymphatic drainage massage offers many benefits:
- Reduces bloating and puffiness. Bloating happens for many reasons, but excessive fluid build-up and/or water retention is a common one. The lymphatic system is responsible for managing this, and a lymphatic drainage massage can help it work better and faster.
- Breaks down fat cells. When lymph drainage is stimulated and improved, it’ll break down fat cells faster. This can improve the appearance of surface skin issues like wrinkles, lines, and cellulite.
- Gives you glowing skin. The condition and appearance of your skin heavily rely on what happens inside your body. A lymphatic massage will stimulate blood circulation. This delivers more oxygen and other nutrients to your skin for a healthier appearance and a beautiful glow.
- Eases tension. A lymphatic drainage massage focuses on the lymph system, but it’s still a massage! It’ll work to release tension in your muscles and provide an overall relaxing experience.
- Reduces swelling around injuries. Whenever you injure yourself – be it a strain from overworking in the gym or a serious break or strain, it’ll swell. This is your body reacting and trying to protect the area. However, this can increase pain and stiffness. A lymphatic drainage massage can reduce the post-injury swelling, easing pain and keeping you more limber.
- Enhance body sculpting results. If you’ve undergone a procedure such as liposuction or another body sculpting treatment, a massage soon after can amplify your results! The optimal timing for the massage will depend on the treatment, so be sure to speak with your practitioner to ensure maximum safety and efficacy.
- Improve digestion, thereby improving your immune system, mood, sleep, mental clarity, and more.
Helps Improve Health Conditions
A nice lymphatic drainage massage provides the above benefits to all who experience it. That said, stimulating and improving the lymphatic drainage in the body has positive effects on various health conditions as well. From reducing pain, eliminating symptoms, and assisting recovery, it can help the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lymphedema – swelling in the legs, feet, and arms specifically
- Fibromyalgia – causes swelling, inflammation, and skin discoloration
- Chronic venous inefficiency – this is a condition where leg veins don’t facilitate blood flow to the heart, so blood pools in the legs
Maintaining Your Lymphatic System
Once you’ve enjoyed a relaxing lymphatic drainage massage, you should work on maintaining optimal lymphatic drainage in your body. You can do this in a few ways:
- Avoid exposure to toxic chemicals, such as pesticides in cleaning products. Over time, these things can build up in your body and prevent your body from eliminating waste.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle with good nutrition, regular exercise, and adequate hydration. Good hydration ensures lymph can move through your body with ease.
- Dry body brushing and using tools like the gua sha on your face can help improve lymph flow and drainage.
Although these things can help your system and keep things moving, getting regular lymphatic drainage massages will keep things in tip-top shape. Our skincare professionals can help you analyze your system and advise how often you should get this treatment.
Experience the Benefits of Improved Lymphatic Drainage
We offer a wide range of incredible skin and body care treatments, all of which are safe, gentle, and effective. Among these are our amazing lymphatic drainage massages which often pair with additional treatments to optimize results.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us today with any questions about this effective, luxurious, and relaxing procedure. Our professionals are waiting to help you create a personalized treatment plan for your skin, body, and goals!